Akerman LLP // email@example.com
- in partnership with Disability Rights Florida Inc. and the Justice Department, secured a historic Fair Housing Act settlement for nonprofit developer Ability Housing, pro bono, that will protect the rights of persons with disabilities to live in the neighborhood of their choosing.
- seven Orlando attorneys honored in the 2017 edition of the Chambers USA Guide, which lists leading law firms and lawyers, including Partnership Board Member Cecelia Bonifay.
- three Orlando attorneys, including Partnership Board Member Cecelia Bonifay, honored in the 2017 edition of The Legal 500.
- record number of attorneys named 2017 Super Lawyers, including six Orlando Rising Stars and nine Super Lawyers, among them were Partnership Board Member Cecelia Bonifay and Charles Brumback, Jr.
Canaveral Port Authority // firstname.lastname@example.org
- awarded the Green Marine environmental certification in recognition of its effective environmental leadership and management.
- hosted nearly 400 participants for the nation’s largest full-scale interagency public safety training exercise.
- taken the final step to authorize the sale of approximately 271 acres of land to Wal-Mart to develop a distribution center, proceeds of which will increase Port reserves.
Central Florida Foundation // email@example.com
- launched its Social Enterprise Accelerator to connect entrepreneurs with resources, funding and mentors to build self-sustainable ventures that solve pressing community issues.
Cushman & Wakefield // firstname.lastname@example.org
- released the 2017 Central Florida Medical Office Report, a comprehensive analysis of medical office inventory in hospital clusters located throughout Orange, Seminole, Osceola and Lake counties.
Fifth Third Bank // email@example.com
- convened a new Florida Community Advisory Forum to fulfill part of its $30 billion commitment, a five-year plan to improve the lives of individuals in under-served communities.
Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) // firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Business will launch its new Master of Science in Accounting and Financial Forensics degree program in Fall 2017.
- College of Science will launch its new Bachelor of Science in Marine Conservation degree program in Fall 2017.
- named among the nation’s best universities for ROI 20 years after graduation, according to the 2017 PayScale report.
- named as one of the nation’s “Top Technical Institutes” in the 2017 Fiske Guide to Colleges, alongside peers such as MIT and Caltech.
Florida Polytechnic University // email@example.com
- reached a significant milestone in being granted initial regional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
Full Sail University // firstname.lastname@example.org
- WWE announced the first-ever Mae Young Classic will take place on July 13-14 from Full Sail Live.
Greenberg Traurig // email@example.com
- six Orlando attorneys honored in the 2017 Chambers USA Guide, including Orlando Economic Partnership Board Member Orlando Evora.
- six Orlando attorneys named 2017 Florida Super Lawyers.
Jupiter Properties // firstname.lastname@example.org
- President Khalid Muneer honored with Mayor Jacobs’ Distinguished Asian American Award.
Lake County // email@example.com
- study showed the county’s nonprofit arts and culture industry generates more than $9.1 million in annual economic activity, supporting more than 200 full-time equivalent jobs and generating $380,000 in local revenue.
- launching “Summer Tech” marketing campaign throughout July to bring awareness to the importance of technology.
- honored with Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for its annual budget for the fifth consecutive year.
- Commissioner Sean Parks was a guest at School Board Chairman Marc Dodd’s Coffee & Conversations event.
- Fire Rescue’s Special Operations Response Team launched the HAZMAT Medic Program to ensure firefighters are safely treated for toxic exposures at hazardous incidents.
Lake County Public Schools // firstname.lastname@example.org
- holding budget workshop to examine goals and strategize how to thrive in a new environment of limited revenue growth, more rigorous standards and increased parental choice.
- announced aggressive new goals to transform Lake into a competitive “destination district,” including every school earning at least a B-grade and graduation rates reaching 90 percent or higher.
- Superintendent Diane Kornegay named two new principals: Bill Miller - Eustis Middles School and Michael Randolph - Leesburg High School.
Montverde Academy // email@example.com
- highlighted for excellence and featured in an OtterBox Case Study with filming done on campus.
Orange County Public Schools // firstname.lastname@example.org
- awarded a total of 1,233 Biliteracy Seals to high school graduates who exhibit exemplary competency in one or more foreign languages in addition to English.
- Superintendent and Orlando Economic Partnership Board Member Barbara Jenkins awarded the 2017 Elbert K. Fretwell Outstanding Educator Award by the Boy Scouts of America.
- released 2016-17 report cards evaluating each school’s performance (link to report cards).
- celebrated professional achievements, including leadership appointments and awards for the following employees: Dr. Vickie Cartwright, Scott Evans, Seth Daub, Kelly Paduano and Eric Yuhasz.
- hundreds of students from 12 schools in Orange County participated in this year’s Kids Tag Art contest, which promoted creativity through the design of specialty license plates.
- three schools awarded over $18,000 this year from the Energy Rebate Program for their “green” efforts on campus.
- ranked first in Florida for the number of students passing the 2017 Algebra I End-of-Course exam.
- received $50,000 Duke Energy foundation grant to purchase equipment/materials to benefit STEM education.
Orlando Health // email@example.com
- oncologists at the UF Health Cancer Center are deploying NanoKnife®, which uses a technique called irreversible electroporation and is expected to be effective in the fight against pancreatic cancer.
Orlando Magic // firstname.lastname@example.org
- named Jeff Weltman president of Basketball Operations and John Hammond general manager.
- hosting more than 25 basketball camps over the summer and partnering with UnitedHealthcare to provide scholarships to 50 children ages 7-16 to attend.
- Lakeland Center, home to the Lakeland Magic, is now the RP Funding Center.
- IMPOWER, a leading nonprofit mental health organization, received a $50,000 grant from the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation (OMYF), which was distributed across 17 different local nonprofit organizations during the 2016-17 season.
- employees partnered with Jewett Orthopedic staff to sponsor and build a home for Habitat for Humanity Orlando.
- partnered with Chase to unveil a refurbished New Image Youth Center in Parramore.
- Early Learning Coalition of Orange County (ELCOC) received a $65,000 grant from the OMYF to help better prepare young children for the transition from home to grade school.
- Valencia College Foundation’s Take Stock in Children program awarded $50,000 by the OMYF to help break the cycle of poverty by helping children in low-income communities graduate from high school and college.
- will be sponsored by Walt Disney World Resort this coming 2017-18 NBA season and will have the Disney logo on players’ jerseys.
- selected forwards Jonathan Isaac (first round) and Wesley Iwundu (second round) of the NBA Draft 2017.
Rollins College // email@example.com
- announced Sam Stark as new Chief Marketing and Community Relations Officer and welcomed him to the Orlando Economic Partnership Board of Directors.
- awarded more than $300,000 in grants from the Department of Education for programs that prepare low-income high school students for college.
School District of Osceola County // firstname.lastname@example.org
- partnering with BRIDG and the SEMI Foundation to create a high-tech career exploration program in the SEMI High Tech University.
- greatly expanding the STEM curriculum taught in schools so it aligns with workforce needs now and in the future.
- Lester Yeates appointed director of Safety, Security, and Emergency Management.
- Henry Santiago appointed principal of Discovery Intermediate Middle School.
Seminole County Public Schools // email@example.com
- ranked highly in Florida Standards Assessments and End-of-Course Exams.
- along with Solodev named $50,000 winner by Amazon Web Services City on a Cloud Innovation Challenge in the Best Practices category.
- along with Solodev won 2017 Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) Orlando Chapter Image Award of Distinction for its new website.
- along with Solodev won 2017 "Gold Award" as part of the Hermes Creative Awards for the new SCPS website.
- Transportation Services Department won the 2017 Clean Air Award from MetroPlan Orlando for its commitment to alternative fuel buses.
- in partnership with Seminole State College launching a Business AA degree program for the 2017-18 school year at Lake Howell High School.
- highlighted as a success story in Skyward magazine.
- Altamonte and Pine Crest Elementary will become "Code to the Future" computer science immersion schools beginning in the 2017-18 school year.
- Virtual School named Franchise of the Year by Florida Virtual School.
Seminole State College // firstname.lastname@example.org
- has two General Motors World Class Technicians as part of its faculty after automotive professors Jim Cokos and Carlos Vasquez achieved this elite certification.
- Student Government Association and UNITY Gay-Straight Alliance held a remembrance ceremony on June 12 to honor the 49 people lost in the Pulse tragedy, including former student Luis Vielma.
- Fire Academy ranked in the top five nationally by FireRescue1, an official partner of the International Association of Fire Chiefs.
- gave 20 high school students hands-on STEM experience through its Solar Survival: Engineering Technology Summer Program.
University of Central Florida // email@example.com
- Business Incubator, in partnership with the statewide Veterans Florida Entrepreneurship Program, presented graduation certificates to 27 military veterans.
- SavvySuite’s Interactive Software, for its Florida Pro Bono Matters Initiatives designed for the Florida Bar Foundation, received national attention at the 2017 Equal Justice Conference and will serve as a model for other states.
- REDCON Solutions Group honored as a top emerging company in the first round of GrowFL’s 2017 Florida Companies to Watch.
- REDCON CEO Kyle Evans graduated from Connect Florida’s Statewide Leadership Institute.
- Abamis IT Solutions, a commercial and military software developer, graduated from the UCF Business Incubator.
- Neocontrol US, a provider of custom wireless home automation products, signed on Toronto-based SFI-Tech as its new distributor for international markets outside of Brazil.
- Embark Safety, developer of an Enterprise Risk Management system that allows organizations to monitor employees’ driving records continuously, graduated from the UCF Business Incubator.
- HyCarb, Inc., a small manufacturer specializing in next generation products utilizing graphene and carbon nanotube technologies, named Sven Hackmann as a new member of its Board of Advisers.
- Semplastics, LLC received a $250,000 Space Florida grant to further develop its innovative X-MAT® ceramic material for application in the aerospace industry and early commercialization.
- Carter Solutions awarded the GSA 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services (STARS II) Governmentwide Acquisition Contract, which provides federal agencies with ready access to sources of IT services and new technology solutions from award-winning 8(a) small businesses.
Valencia College // firstname.lastname@example.org
- awarded seven students scholarships in memory of the seven former students who were among the 49 killed in the Pulse tragedy.
- presented the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical “Next to Normal,” about a suburban family struggling with the effects of mental illness.
- displayed “Silent Spaces,” an exhibit about South Florida’s changing landscapes by artist Janet Onofrey.
WSP // email@example.com
- announced new brand identity and name: no longer WSP|Parsons Brinckerhoff, the organization will now be known as WSP to better reflect its strategic identity.