Marketing and Communications Internship:
Interns will work directly with the Marketing and Communications department in all aspects of the
organization’s communications projects. This includes activities such as:
- Developing news releases and media alerts and researching publicity opportunities.
- Developing cases studies on EDC business development projects and assisting with the creation of
print and digital marketing collateral.
- Creating in-depth profiles on key reporters and editors and maintaining the organization’s clip
- Writing stories for the EDC’s internal and external communications outlets and helping with the
organization’s social media platforms.
Requirements: The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are
currently enrolled in a university or college as a full-time degree seeking individual. The internship
is for class credit. Monetary compensation is not available.
Public Relations or Communications-oriented education is preferred; strong understanding of public
relations tools; strong writing and communication skills; willing to manage projects; specifically
interested in gaining “real-world” public relations and/or marketing experience; a minimum of one
internship already completed; and 15+ hours per week.
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Jennifer.Wakefield@OrlandoEDC.com
Investor Relations Internship: Interns will
work directly with the Investor Relations & Event department, which is responsible for procuring
and sustaining approximately 68 percent of the organization’s operating budget. Interns will be
responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting staff with day-to-day operations, including compiling marketing collateral for
prospective investors, mailings, scheduling appointments and reorganizing/restructuring investor
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, correspondence and marketing materials as needed.
- Working to maintain database of investors and prospects in the Central Florida region.
- Assisting staff with event coordination of executive briefings, luncheons, and receptions managed
by the Investor Relations & Events department as a tool for Investor engagement and involvement.
- Assisting staff with various projects and administrative support.
Advantages of the internship include:
- Learning about the Orlando region and the private sector businesses.
- Learning how to develop relationships and build fundraising efforts in our region.
- Learning how to use programs and events to engage and involve investors.
- Learning how to prioritize workload.
- Having opportunities to make job contacts.
Requirements:The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are
currently enrolled in a university or college. The internship is for class credit. Monetary
compensation is not available.
Strong writing and communication skills; high PC aptitude (MS Word and Excel); excellent organizational
skills and a "can do" attitude; willing to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the department.
We are currently accepting interns for a period of three to six months (20-30 hours a
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Casey.Evans@OrlandoEDC.com