Business Intelligence Internship: Intern
will be a member of the Business Intelligence Team and will be supervised by the Associate Director of
Business Intelligence. The following duties are intended as an illustration of the type of work to be
performed by the Business Intelligence Intern; the omission of specific duties does not exclude them if
they are similar, related or logical assignments in support of the EDC mission:
- Maintain and update the organization’s online database of commercial real estate listings. Outreach
to the local brokerage community and serve as a champion for the system’s application.
- Assist in production of the ACCRA Cost of Living Index, including the data collection process.
- Research and maintain a database of primary employers in the region, both in aggregate and across
sectors and geographies.
- Help to maintain the integrity of data in the EDC’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Support both the Business Intelligence and Business Development Teams with other assignments and
requests as needed.
- Some previous work or internship experience
- Highly motivated to learn with a future career interest in economic development
- Outstanding quantitative skills with a strong understanding of (and ability to apply) statistics
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in a Windows environment
- Skilled at using the Internet as a research tool
- Detail oriented with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments from multiple sources
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and also as part of a team
Requirements: Strong preference will be given to college seniors or graduate students
currently pursuing an education in economics or real estate and who are able to work approximately 15
hours per week for a period of at least six months. Monetary compensation is not available.
Please forward resume and letter of interest by May 9, 2014 to: Elizabeth.Ramirez@OrlandoEDC.com
Marketing and Communications Internship:
Interns will work directly with the Marketing and Communications department in all aspects of the
organization’s communications projects. This includes activities such as:
- Developing news releases and media alerts and researching publicity opportunities.
- Developing cases studies on EDC business development projects and assisting with the creation of
print and digital marketing collateral.
- Creating in-depth profiles on key reporters and editors and maintaining the organization’s clip
- Writing stories for the EDC’s internal and external communications outlets and helping with the
organization’s social media platforms.
Requirements: The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are
currently enrolled in a university or college as a full-time degree seeking individual. The internship
is for class credit. Monetary compensation is not available.
Public Relations or Communications-oriented education is preferred; strong understanding of public
relations tools; strong writing and communication skills; willing to manage projects; specifically
interested in gaining “real-world” public relations and/or marketing experience; a minimum of one
internship already completed; and 15+ hours per week.
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Christine.Dellert@OrlandoEDC.com
Investor Relations Internship: Interns will
work directly with the Investor Relations & Event department, which is responsible for procuring
and sustaining approximately 68 percent of the organization’s operating budget. Interns will be
responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting staff with day-to-day operations, including compiling marketing collateral for
prospective investors, mailings, scheduling appointments and reorganizing/restructuring investor
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, correspondence and marketing materials as needed.
- Working to maintain database of investors and prospects in the Central Florida region.
- Assisting staff with event coordination of executive briefings, luncheons, and receptions managed
by the Investor Relations & Events department as a tool for Investor engagement and involvement.
- Assisting staff with various projects and administrative support.
Advantages of the internship include:
- Learning about the Orlando region and the private sector businesses.
- Learning how to develop relationships and build fundraising efforts in our region.
- Learning how to use programs and events to engage and involve investors.
- Learning how to prioritize workload.
- Having opportunities to make job contacts.
Requirements:The position is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, who are
currently enrolled in a university or college. The internship is for class credit. Monetary
compensation is not available.
Strong writing and communication skills; high PC aptitude (MS Word and Excel); excellent organizational
skills and a "can do" attitude; willing to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the department.
We are currently accepting interns for at least six months (three to four days a
Please forward resume and letter of interest to: Liefke.Cox@OrlandoEDC.com